Author Topic: Public bus from Puerto Pollensa to Palma Airport  (Read 466 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Public bus from Puerto Pollensa to Palma Airport
« on: May 03, 2016, 19:02:37 PM »
Dear oh dear there have been a lot of issues and disappointments with Hoppa.com since they changed over to using Palma Coaches. 
I decided to revert back to using the public bus for getting to the airport. 
The bus station in PP is now up behind the church.  It's not an deal location really as many of the drivers leave their buses running and belching out fumes in the vicinity of many of the local cafes.  Many locals double park and this makes it extremely difficult for drivers of some of the buses to even arrive on the stand.
I'd consulted the bus timetable on this link http://www.tib.org/portal/en/web/ctm/autobus/seccio/300 and decided on the 09.15 hours bus to Palma.  The bus is number 340 and then two of them turned up!  ;D
It turns out that one of the 340 buses only goes as far as Inca (so don't get on that one!)  and the other goes via Pollensa, stopping a couple of times and then proceeds directly to the bus station in Palma.  Straight down the motorway for a mere 6 Euros 30.  Great value!  Getting off the bus in the main bus station at stand 14, just follow the yellow walkway and go up two levels on the escalator. 
A couple of small points of interest there in the bus/train station.....one - there is a place to leave your luggage on the middle level which could be handy if you fancy mooching around Palma a bit more before flying home or returning to PP.  Secondly. there is also a small Eroski supermarket on the same level (where the cafe with the quirky chairs used to be).  Handy for stocking up if you are on the journey from Palma Airport to PP.
Cross the road to the bus stop just by the man on a horse statue and wait for the no.1 bus to the airport.  The bus was pretty full and it would be handy to have the correct change ready - 3 Euros - for the journey.   About 20 minutes later you will find yourself at Palma Airport, being dropped off at the departures level.

tonsyl

Re: Public bus from Puerto Pollensa to Palma Airport
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 19:26:29 PM »
Glad you've been converted Mary !  We've used the buses for 10 years now on and off (excuse the puns) and we have never been let down once. I have to say though, those "bendy buses" aren't anywhere near as comfortable as the coaches but hey, they are regular. The re-routing of the services away from the front is a bit of a problem because we used to get on at Tamarells but I think they now call into Polly Park instead. Definitely the way to go if you're not hiring a car and we shall be using them again in the autumn.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 20:02:25 PM »
Glad we are on the same hymn sheet there Tonsyl!
We always used to use them but then got won over by Resorthoppa.com and their cheap prices.....but unless they get their act into gear, never again!  :-[

Flyer

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 20:40:57 PM »
I understand that prior to the PP bus stopping in Pollensa (near the Ford garage) the driver rings in and if the PP bus is full'ish and there is a considerable number of people waiting for the 340 at Pollensa then a change over is often on the books. This happened to us - got on the coach at Llenaire then off and onto the larger 'bendy' at Pollensa.

The cafe's next to the number 1 stop in Palma are quite good IMO. All seem to offer a coffee/orange juice and croissant deal for around €4.50 and nice after an hour trip on the bus if you are going into Palma early for a day out.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 22:18:29 PM »
Apparently the cost of a fare on the No.1 bus from Palma Airport to the centre of Palma has gone up recently to 5 Euros each way.