Author Topic: Private messages  (Read 3509 times)

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
Re: Private messages
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 23:38:09 PM »
But I am really sorry to say Dave, that your idea about the 5 worst restaurants may not get to see the light of day!!!  ;) :D

Funnily enough I was reading a thread about "worst restaurants" started way back in '06 on another forum......didn't really go down too well if you mention a restaurant someone else loves!!! LOl .....and for some reason folk stated places they LOVED (on "worst restaurants" thread!!doh!!) and again folk were slated because others thought they were the "worst!!!!  Nought as queer as folk! LOl......
I like recommendations and will probably try them and likewise words of warning about real dire restaurants, I will avoid.....I often end up just going were the mood takes me.....if it works out well, I will certainly return and if it's let me down, won't go back......simple!! I  understand everyone has different tastes and expectations......not to slate folk if their's happen to be different.......but I think that is where we won't go!! :) We are just so "Adult" on this forum......LOL

favie

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 00:38:01 AM »
It really is a shame WS, I agree.  :-[

BUT.. look on the bright side, everyone loves the same thing and "love will bring us together!"  :D

Hopefully  :D........but have to say .....how sad is that!!! Receive an invite (to a totally different,friendly forum), you either accept  or decline....to pass on PM's!!!!!How sad indeed! I am curious about the "suspicious activity" .......but not totally shocked by that!!?? :-X

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 16:30:49 PM »
Just for the record this information is on terms vbulletin and is available in full and accessed on the net.

QUOTE vbulletin

"If you find yourself in a situation where you need to know the contents of a private message the following two SQL queries can be performed in the back-end of the vbulletin admin area.

The above code snippet (change USERNAME to whoever you are searching for) will pull a listing of all PM's sent to that user.

Once again, these two commands are very powerful and should only be used when the need is great. Remember, your forum community places a good deal of trust in you, it is up to you to keep that trust by not abusing the privacy of private messages."

Also I did not mention any particular forums when I asked my question. It was a general question requesting clarification as I was aware that to access was possible on some sites. The above information confirms this possibility.

I agree that we should move on from this now and enjoy the sharing of opinions and happy banter which the beautiful area of Pollensa  and all it has to offer encourages us to do.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 16:57:56 PM by Belladonna »
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 17:00:09 PM »
Thank you for finding that out eleanor. I have deleted the actual codes for doing it though, just incase there are spammers and trolls looking in who may take advantage of this knowledge, hope you don't mind.
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 17:03:05 PM »
Ahh - good thinking Bella! ;)  The spammers can find the code themselves as it's very easy  ::)

Also there is another code which allows access to any messages sent by a user. Therefore any sent or received can be accessed.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 17:05:07 PM by Eleanor »
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 17:27:06 PM »
Crikey - good job you're on our side! :D

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 00:11:58 AM »
Lol Bella  ;D not many sides to ne I'm afraid! ;)
Eleanor

favie

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 16:50:44 PM »
Having trouble again sending PM's....."keeps saying timed out" Been typing really fast too Bella, LOl

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 18:45:57 PM »
Think it was just a quick "wobble" moment favie. They seem to be ok now, although I get a very jumpy screen if my PMs are quite long, and I cant see what I am typing! Think thats BL trying to stop me giving him orders!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
Just an reminder about the My Messages facility. I am not sure if all profiles are ticked for this reminder, so have a check

Click onto Profile
Scroll down to Modify profile and click on personal message options.

There you will see a couple of boxes that can be ticked or unticked. They should both be ticked. That way, you will get a notification when you log on that you have at least one message in your inbox waiting to be read. Of course, the other way is just to look at the blue bar at the top and you will see how many you have next to My Messages!

My Flickr Photos