Author Topic: Villa wanted to rent  (Read 1439 times)

Pollpott2

Villa wanted to rent
« on: July 10, 2011, 16:58:34 PM »
Afternoon All,
I’m afraid my love of PP has back-fired on me.  Because I’ve been going on for years about how wonderful it is there, some of my family now want to join me and my wife on next year’s holiday.  My son and his wife and my daughter and her brand new hubby have told me to find a nice villa for us all, hopefully with a pool and plenty of outdoor space.

We are looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom villa in the port area. Not sure we will be using a car, so within walking distance of the Marina area. So far I’ve looked at VillaPlus and Villa Parade and printed off details of a few possible villas. I haven’t looked at the privately owned ones yet.
Has anyone stayed at a nice villa that might fit the bill?  I always think personal recommendations are best.  Would appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks, :-*
T

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Villa wanted to rent
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 20:07:19 PM »
I have to say, I am not too mean to suggest that you enquire on the other forum for this Pollpott. There are far more members there who maybe able to help. Saying that, you may well have already and just doubling up your enquiry - which of course is fine.  8)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Pollpott2

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 23:37:35 PM »
Thanks Bella,
I have a list of about 20-odd so far, just working me way through them. I get almost as much pleasure from planning and organising our holidays as I do from being on holiday. Almost!  I love it, the thrill of finding somewhere new, the anticipation.  I've been to PP 8 or 9 times, nearly always in the same Pine Walk apartment.  Want somewhere different and bigger.
I'll also check the other site for private villas.
Which is the closest to the centre of PP, is it Soller (Siller,) Llenaire or Gotmar? 
Thanks.  ;)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:34:33 AM »
If you check out our Maps thread, and click onto the first Puerto Pollensa map, you will see two areas marked wich will give you some idea of distances. Llenaire at the bottom - blue square with  man on a bike, although I think it shows it a little bit too far down; up a bit further is an orange square for Siller, with a man walking.
I am not 100% sure where Gommar is relation to the map, but we have at least two Gommarians as members so I am sure they will let us have the directions from the map.  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:04:23 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:43:39 AM »
Tony,

Friends stayed in a villa in Siller ( blimey that rhymes !!) last Fall . They found it a comfortable stroll right into the centre of town . Have a look at the maps though that should come with the add.

Gotmar runs behind the White Rose roundabout ( second out of town) and round to Pinaret which is just off the front.

Our "country cousins " like Bella in Llenaire are just a little further out.

BL  :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 21:50:50 PM »
Query; have had a request to find a villa  for a week in mid October which sleeps 12/14. Anyone know of someone who has one or has a definite link or knowledge to one please. Thanks  :)

My Flickr Photos

usandthewoof

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:52:39 AM »
Bella,  I bumped into a freind who knows a lady called Dawn (I´ve seen her but not actually been introduced)

She rents through the other site her villa in El Vila - it is the red one that you can see on the hillside. They have availability and it should sleep enough,  but I can´t recommend it personally as not had any feedback - looks lovely though.

I´ll keep my ears open
x

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »
Thanks hoppy! xx

My Flickr Photos