Author Topic: New posts  (Read 1272 times)

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
Technical question - although I presume I'm aiming this at Belladonna rather than BL - lets face it, he's just not technical !  Once you've logged in, and click on 'show unread posts since last visit', do you have to scroll down the posts until you've found the unread one, or is there a quicker method ?  I know I should ask Bloke in the Corner this, but he's a computer geek, not a forum geek.  ;D

Belladonna

Re: New posts
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 13:00:39 PM »
I'm learning as I go too so we can all help each other here!
When you go to View Most Recent Posts On the Forum which is at the bottom of the page under Forum Stats, it brings up a list starting with THE most recent post posted as number 1, then continues with the previous one posted before that at  number 2, etc etc. Does this help - at all??!

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 13:17:43 PM »
Thanks Bella.  Didn't know that existed at the bottom.  Also, after a bit of playing, I found that if you go into Profile and then into Look and Layout, you can tick the box that says show last posts first (or something like that) which also helps.

Belladonna

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 13:24:30 PM »
Yep, been ticking boxes like mad to work out what I want and how I want it! :D

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 14:00:15 PM »
Thanks Bella - I hadn't noticed this either. I have been clicking on show unread posts since last visit which after clicking the first time then becomes confusing! I haven't a tech mind either so thanks for the tip! ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.