Author Topic: Edition 4  (Read 1144 times)

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Edition 4
« on: July 22, 2011, 15:07:38 PM »
"English Edition 4"

" COUNCIL TO GRANT CONCESSIONS FOR KIDDIES RIDES !!!! " . Only kidding, but after this week's story about "Sail and Surf" and the use of the beach, not as far fetched as you can imagine . Dispute between the Council and the Operators rumbles on but fortunately it's " We are sailing , we are sailing " as Rod would sing and there will be no discernable impact on those visitors who are looking forward to happy days in dinghys or on windboards as the Council have agreed to take the dispute off line.

More sense seems to be coming out about the beach as well cos the decision appears to have been taken to carry on with the existing contractors for this summer and to start negotiations well prior to Christmas on next year's service . Hopefully this will mean that this season's embarrassment will not get repeated nor the unthinkable, of replacing the service at the height of the summer. Believe some of the beach showers and sand walkways have, belatedly, been provided but am a bit alarmed to hear that a lot of the beach rubbish is being deposited in resident's bins in Llenaire and they are roaming the streets looking for empty bins. If any of you are experiencing this, drop me a line and will try to bend a few ears .

I make no apology for keeping on about the Square , it would really be great to see a splash of colour about the place particularly, when you walk around our sister port of Alcudia . Planters placed in front of the church several weeks ago still, just, contain topsoil and litter . Spent a lot of money renovating the place and here we are in mid Summer with little evidence of summer colour that you can see so abundantly elsewhere. Really don't cost a bucket full of bucks to provide so this is a theme that will be raised again. Probably too late now for this year but one to see a huge improvement for next year's season.

Well, the Fiesta season is finally underway and we are now a couple of days into Sant Pere ( fira de la Mar ). Great to see the " Giants " out in the square last night making a rare appearance ( see photo on left and more inside ). Little march following the pipes and drums and then a dance on the windial in the centre of the square. San Jordi and the dragon did theirs first followed by the " Giants " and quite amazing to see their manoeuvres for structures so tall. Fortunately they didn't have to stand too much on the crazy paving so no accidents , pleased to report !! Restaurants Brisas, L'Illa, IRU and Siller held special lunches today at 20 Euros per head so many thanks for their support. Sardinista Tues night so don't miss if you are here. Great fun and a place to see most of the town turned out.

Sorry to say programmes still not realised for the Fiesta " La Virgen del Carmen " here in the Port in just over a couple of weeks time . We all know Beach Party Sat 16th July and Fireworks , Sunday 17th July but nice to know what musical and party events are also taking place preceding these dates. Tourist Information Office seems singularly lacking in information, so far as they are with the programme for the Pollenca Music Festival. The Latter, at onetime, held high recognition in the musical world so will be popping in daily and giving em grief til we find out more. Don't forget as soon as the information is available it will be published on the Forum

Caught a bit of good news re the further pedestrianisation of the front. Apparently at the end of this season the Council are going to hold a meeting with all interested parties to discuss how and when it can be taken forward. Believe the intention is to maintain a cycle lane into town from the new road roundabout and then pedestrianise the rest from nearer into town. Think decisions will need to be made as soon as possible to ensure works are carried out over the winter ready for next season. Sounds encouraging and a big step to improve the ambience of that part of town.

Great bit of news regarding one of our local lads. Alfonso " Sete " Benavides from PP came second in the European Kayak championships held in Belgrade recently. The Bonygraph applauds your endeavours and hoping you will be making an appearance in next year's Olympics . Lot's of us will be routing for you, my son, very well done
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 15:12:17 PM by Bonyslad »
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

GrandeMimosa

Re: Edition 4
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 14:27:16 PM »
I see these Editions 1-4 and #9 on the front page but where is #'s 5-8

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 17:07:21 PM »
GM,

They are on my pc waiting for me to get myself into gear and downloading them.

BL  :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 18:43:38 PM »
LOL BL!  ;D

Your usual sense of humour which can be seen in all your writing especially editions 5-8  ;D ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.