Author Topic: Forum input  (Read 1872 times)

Sun Properties

Forum input
« on: August 16, 2011, 20:35:22 PM »
In my experience any forum is only as good as the input provided by its members and the ability to offer unbiased responses to any questions. I believe we are indebted to both BL and Bella for their continual monitoring and attention to the various threads (thank you) however it would be nice to see the 'membership' grow in order that we receive expanded viewpoints, suggestions and reviews.

I note that over the past few weeks the membership has remained virtually static and with the administrators 'blessing' I am quite willing to 'promote' the website if that is felt appropriate - I would add that my main concern is that new visitors to this part of the Island are presented with both an unbiased view and the most economical solution to their holiday costs. You may have noted from a few of my posts that I get p***ed off with the car hire/private bus firms charging excessive rentals but this is only one small aspect where I think this forum can benefit visitors, tourists and residents.

Please respond as without your input this forum will, IMO, not progress where others have, or appear to have, failed in their service to Pollensa.

SP  

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Forum input
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 20:45:38 PM »
Thank you for your appreciative words SP.
 It would be good to get some more input from those who are interested in PP and its close neighbours. We have many members who for whatever reason have not posted at all once they have registered, and that is a real shame as I am sure many are locals and have a lot to offer.
We are certainly open to new prospective members who are interested in giving and receiving honest and frank opinions of the area, in many aspects of what goes on.
I'm sure BL will agree with me - and if not, well, I'm sacked then! ::)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 20:58:08 PM »
I think Bella and BL are doing a brilliant job too and agree with SP. There is no reason why people cannot be members of more than one forum. It is great to share ideas, views and experiences.

On a personal note too, I would like to say a big thank you to those being just a click away when help is needed. I had a problem tonight with electrics and my first thought was to post knowing that there is someone happy to help me. And there were  - so thank you!

Many friendships have been made by being a member of a forum. It is a community and a wonderful feeling to know that you are not alone! Get posting we are all very friendly here. And welcome!
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Sun Properties

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 21:03:07 PM »
I'm sure BL will agree with me - and if not, well, I'm sacked then! ::)

Well if you are sacked we are all stuffed!  ;D In all seriousness however, in talking to local restaurant owners, for example, I am amazed that they fail to understand the strength of the internet here in the UK and the ability to influence visitors/tourists/residents however there must be one website that is not influenced by advertisers and I sincerely hope this is the forum that allows for that not to happen.

SP

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 21:09:37 PM »
I - sorry, we (LOL!) have no intention of making this a commerically led forum. At the moment we can see no harm in allowing links to any site that maybe of help in some way to anyone. Except those strange Russian ones ofcourse! :o

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »
Apologies but for some strange reason I seem to have missed this thread . Of course I welcome any avenue that promotes the well being and growth of this site. So thanks for your suggestion SP and please carry on. I am running a series of ads in the Talk of The North in an effort to boost membership . Incidentally , the Talk of the North have invited me to submit a regular lighthearted column in their publication and I believe the first is due to be published tomorrow. Hopefully this will also add interest to our forum here.

Thank you all for your contributions , just amazed at the number of topics covered over the last few weeks and IMO, all interesting and worth a read.

The membership might have remained static but our visit statistics certainly haven't , they have shown consistent growth since launch , and obvious that it's not all members so if you have been reading as a Guest convert yourself to a member , remember you don't need to respond on every post but am sure there are many threads where you can really contribute and your views totally welcome.

Thanks again for all your support and contributions.

Keep the faith

BonysLad  :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »
Totally agree with SP.  Lots more views and opinions please - its so refreshing not to have your 'wings clipped' for fear of offending an advertiser.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
But dont bother posting in Russian!  8)

My Flickr Photos

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
I totally agree with all comments and would also like to again add my thanks to BL and Bella for starting this forum and bringing us all together again.
There is obviously a lot of work involved to promote any new website to the public but with the help of the existing members we could make this task a lot easier.

Danny & I have already put a direct link to the forum from our website and I would ask all of you with your own sites to do the same if possible.   
Also, in the 'signature' section of all our emails we have inserted a link to the Forum with the words "JOIN IN THE BANTER AT THE NEW PP FORUM".     
Hopefully this will help bring in more members in time. 

Remember - Rome wasn't built in a day - unlike The Bonygraph ;D

PS:-  Just added the Forum link to our Facebook wall.  Why don't all of you who are Facebook members do the same?   Or get your kids to do it???

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:17:47 AM by gina39uk »
It's Nice to be Important - but it's More Important to be NICE!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
Check out the Talk Of The North link today guys!  8)

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »

PS:-  Just added the Forum link to our Facebook wall.  Why don't all of you who are Facebook members do the same?   Or get your kids to do it???

Good suggestion Gina - have done just that!  ;D

[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 23:24:17 PM by Mary Lorenzo »

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 18:16:26 PM »
Well done Gina  ;D

facebook done!

Now to look at Talk of the North link  ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 23:15:36 PM »

Good girls Eleanor & Mary!   Just watch them multiply now on Facebook!!
It's Nice to be Important - but it's More Important to be NICE!

Chemical Dave

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 23:50:55 PM »
A number of good points raised SP.

I too would like to see more members, I am surprised so many PP business do not post here or elsewhere. We would love to hear their take on PP and the tourists, funny stories, recipes, ideas, plans for next year, menus, the council, and life in general. They must have so much to talk about. Think of the opportunity to talk to an audience that loves PP as much as we do.

I think another advantage that is perhaps not well understood is the opportunity to criticise and complain without fear of "flaming". There are no advertisers to upset.

It would be helpful to get the Bonygraph to come up in google searches for PP, or get it tweeted by someone famous etc. (Expert advice needed)

Dave