Author Topic: Ed 9 out  (Read 1978 times)

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Ed 9 out
« on: September 03, 2011, 15:09:29 PM »
Blimey,

Can't believe we are on edition 9 already, where does the time go ?

Go on, own up, how many of you skipped it ?

BL  :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
Re: Ed 9 out
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 16:50:59 PM »
Another great read BL.  As we have already been discussing, the demise of the legendry 'Cultural' must be a subject on everyones tongues over in PP and it will be interesting to see if all the old regulars 'take' to the new surroundings of C'An Torrens.  Only time will tell.

Re the Russians - I for one applaud the 'coming' of our Russian friends.  We have had the good fortune to have booked out several properties, both last season and this one, to Russian families whom we found extremely easy and pleasant to deal with and they in turn could not sing the praises of Puerto Pollensa enough!   We are looking forward to seeing them and more of their friends return as it can only improve the ecconomic situation for the businesses.
It's Nice to be Important - but it's More Important to be NICE!

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 18:07:54 PM »
Another excellent read BL - well done!  ;)

I have to agree with Gina as I am delighted the Russians are visiting PP. We need to be on the map again in my opinion. I like the fact that many nationalities love PP and want to visit. This can only be good for all concerned. Personally I missed the Germans when many of them left about 8 years ago or so. I loved the mix of nationalities and all which it brings. I felt the Germans had a certain respect for their properties and added so much to the Port. It is wonderful to hear a language other than English. I would like to say a very big welcome! and please sign on to Bonychat  - NOW!  ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 18:36:17 PM »
Thanks , glad you appreciated it.

Agree about the Russians , we met a really nice Russian family earlier this year in Trencadora one night. They were quaffing champagne ( not Cava ) as though it was going out of fashion. Generously they ordered up a couple of extra glasses and the bottle / bottles were passed from table to table as they insisted we join them .

The Toast was Pollenca and they were having a great time here.

BL  :) :)
BonysLad

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 18:52:01 PM »
That's great to hear BL! Great to attract such friendly people too. NOW - which bar were they in??? lol ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 19:06:40 PM »
I'd like to meet a Russian with a lovely boat, just to sit in the harbour and drink champagne on, and maybe a few blinis and caviar!  ::) I have a dream, just a shame BL is living it!

Anyway, back to reality. A very interesting read BL as usual, and very observant of your surroundings - hope you wear your dark glasses when you are out and about people watching! 8)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 00:37:00 AM »
Blimey,

Can't believe we are on edition 9 already, where does the time go ?

Go on, own up, how many of you skipped it ?

BL  :)

Skip it!!!   I have "The Bonygraph" in my favourites, then click on the forum link so I will never miss the next edition!!
Love to see the new one appearing......great to read all your latest news etc and of course look forward to the next edition of TOTN now too!!

Really feel for everyone regarding the closure of the original Bar Cultural, especially after reading your write-up on it BL....
almost brought a tear to me eyes.....hope the new site will be just as enjoyable for all the regulars.

I have a Russian friend over here, .....so if they are all like her, the ones Gina has dealt with and the family you met then all should be good!! ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:13:28 PM by favie »

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
I'd like to meet a Russian with a lovely boat, just to sit in the harbour and drink champagne on, and maybe a few blinis and caviar! 

When I win Zillions on the Euro Lotto , Bella , gonna park my gin palace in the Marina and it will be open house* to all the Bonygraph members .

BL  ;D ;D

( * certain charges may be applied at the discretion of the owner )
BonysLad

Chemical Dave

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »
Thanks again for a good read BL.

I liked your piece on Cultural. I suppose visiting PP as a tourist you look on a place with a different viewpoint from the locals. I did not really appreciate that it was such a local instituition so central to life in the Port. Shame it has closed.

Hopefully the regulars will take to the new Cultural, as it is the people who make any place what it is. 

Dave

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »
I'd like to meet a Russian with a lovely boat, just to sit in the harbour and drink champagne on, and maybe a few blinis and caviar!  

When I win Zillions on the Euro Lotto , Bella , gonna park my gin palace in the Marina and it will be open house* to all the Bonygraph members .

Yippee!  ;D  Look forward to that BL! ;) Met a few new members sign on now - just in case!  ::)

Just noted that I have been on this forum 2 days 10 hours and 51 minutes!!  ::) ::)
Now I know why my ironing basket is so high!  ::)

( * certain charges may be applied at the discretion of the owner )
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:24:52 PM by Eleanor »
Eleanor

Kate1

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 15:18:14 PM »
Well done yet again, BL - entertaining as ever.

Wholeheartedly agree with all the remarks above about the Russians - several families have now rented our villa and have caused no problems at all - in fact I have to say the only nationality we have had problems with are the Brits...

tommo

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 16:03:38 PM »
As they say in "another place", may I join with others in appreciation of Ed 9. On the subject of the Russians, last year one of the Estate Agents in the Port was telling us that he had sold more properties to the Russians lately than to anybody. There is no doubt they have the money and it will be  good if they continue the cash injection. What's the Russian equivalent of Tex Mex ?

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 17:24:19 PM »
Just vodka! Tommo!  ;)

Eleanor

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 00:22:12 AM »
Russian vodka of course Eleanor!   None of your cheap rubbish for them ;D
It's Nice to be Important - but it's More Important to be NICE!