Author Topic: Birthday at Stay  (Read 1429 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Birthday at Stay
« on: September 16, 2011, 20:09:24 PM »
The long planned for birthday party for my mum at Stay was a resounding success! A big thank you to BL for pulling strings and getting us all a fabulous table for the 7 of us,  with BLadette looking fabulous and stealing my hubbys heart again! And the birthday present to mum was so unexpected and sweet that I know she had a tear in her eye when BL gave it to her. My daughter also joined us as a surprise visit for mum and dad.
 No need to extol the virtues of the meal, Jose always gives good value for money and the menu of the day has a great selection even for a special occassion.  We ordered a cake from Stay rather than hunt around and bring one in, and they did us proud. Lovely sponge cake with the cream topping not too sickly,which is always a worry with Majorcan cakes! It even had a personalised  happy birthday message iced on it too. It was served up with some lovely sorbet ice cream and a thin biscuit thingy (technical term), and a great end to the meal.
  We were also privy to a very interesting bit of entertainment. It was one of the waiters last night of service, and the tradition at Stay is - wait for it - to throw them into the bay!!  He attempted to run away, but naturally was caught and thrown in! The other waiters then just walked away as we all stood and watched clapping. They didnt bother seeing if he could swim or not - obviously he could, but it must have been hard in all the waiters uniform, bless him. He clambered out over a moored dinghy and as he walked back to the terrace we all clapped and cheered and he took a bow.Brilliant! We also thought BL had organised a stripper for mum as a gentleman came up and leaned over to her whispering in her ear. What was said in Stay, stays in Stay! LOL!  An absolutely fantastic night with great company and met a few other friends there too. Great place for special get togethers.
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: Birthday at Stay
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 21:46:30 PM »
How wonderful Bella! Well done BL. I'm sure your Mum had the most wonderful night and indeed week. You will remember her 80th for ever as something so special. Your Mum will have many a tale to tell no doubt and of course we all want to know much more. - LIKE what was whispered in her ear??  :o :o

Good job the poor waiter could swim! Again in a funny way it is a nice thing to do. In times where workforce come and go with often little regard for either side, this shows an act of caring!  ::) if you know what I mean!

Glad all went well Bella and enjoy your free time now!  ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 13:41:15 PM »
It was a lovely evening for a lovely lady, just glad we were able to share it with you.

Thought I'd arranged a stripper ? Really !

Does that sound like me ?

BL  ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 13:46:13 PM »
We had a lovely evening at Stay the previous week.  
It was Iain's birthday and we all enjoyed the wonderful food, drink & general ambiance.  Sadly, no stripper for Iain but he did have a lovely surprise birthday cake! Thanks for arranging Debz!   :D

Still don't like those awful pictures on the walls in Stay though - and worse still the frosted glass doors on the ladies loos!  ??? :o
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:27:06 AM by Mary Lorenzo »

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 15:25:13 PM »
Sounded like a real successful evening all round Bella....no problemas there, thank goodness on such an occasion!  :)

Look forward to the pics!! ;)