Author Topic: Day 4  (Read 2044 times)

Chemical Dave

Day 4
« on: September 29, 2011, 23:38:04 PM »
Well

I am back from our travels now after a great couple of weeks but still catching up. Here is the next installment.

Being Wednesday, it had to be a visit to the market. Too hot for a lot of walking, so we stopped at Cafe L'Algar for a refreshing freshly squeezed orange juice.  We decided that some ice in it would be good but the waiter was not amused. I think he felt we were committing sacrilege!

Had a nice lunch at the apartment then headed to beach. Found a nice spot in front of Bar Joker. One good thing about the a lot of the new beds and brollies is that they are not chained up anymore. The chains never seemed to be quite long enough and got in a real mess sometimes when you were following the sun. And sometimes you want three beds not just two.

Into the sea which was lovely and warm. I was amazed how tame the fish were they were swarming all around us and brushing by only a few yards out. I was even more amazed to see 2 cormorants about 10 yds further out.

Headed over to Pollensa in the evening. Grabbed a table outside C'an Moixnet/Cafe Espannyol  for a G & T and watched the shadow chase the sun up Puig Major until it cleared the old church on the top. The Pollensa square has a much more Spanish feel than the Port square I feel , and definitely prefer it, it seems more relaxing somehow. Tried to get a table at Il Giardiano but about a half hours wait ( should have listened to mrs CD and reserved) so just went next door to C'an Olesa. I had tumbet, Mrs CD had chicken dish and son a pizza proscuitio. Deserts of chocolate tarta and profitaroles and coffee finished the meal off nicely. Service good and not rushed at all.

Finished off with a stroll about town. Still about 25 degrees and still buzzing.

Dave

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Day 4
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 23:48:57 PM »
Love all the frills Dave - which one did you choose in the end! ;) I agree with ice in the orange juice, I do love fresh orange juice and always have ice in it. A lot of times they give you sugar to put in it??!!!  Now THATS just wrong for me!  Had a bit of a bad experience ourselves at Il Giordina when we were there actually. I think when they are so busy - same as any restaurant really - the standards do slip.
So many fish around, surprised there aren't many more seagulls etc than there are already. Actually, why aren't there? There are always loads of the flying monsters around the fishing ports in the UK?
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 19:47:43 PM »
Nice to have you back CD and loving your reports, hope we get to hear about your Italian Med Cruise too. :)

We have eaten in C'an Olesa a few times, tumbet really yummy!!  Il Giardiano also very good, after our meal we usually take a walk then finish off by having coffee in the restaurant that runs along the right-hand side of Il Giardiano but for the life of me I can't remember it's name, is it Club Pollencia. ??? BL, someone, can you put me right here as it
really annoys me I can't remember and never hear anyone mentioning Club Pollencia!

Chemical Dave

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 12:30:58 PM »
Love all the frills Dave - which one did you choose in the end! ;) I agree with ice in the orange juice, I do love fresh orange juice and always have ice in it. A lot of times they give you sugar to put in it??!!!  Now THATS just wrong for me!  Had a bit of a bad experience ourselves at Il Giordina when we were there actually. I think when they are so busy - same as any restaurant really - the standards do slip.
So many fish around, surprised there aren't many more seagulls etc than there are already. Actually, why aren't there? There are always loads of the flying monsters around the fishing ports in the UK?

Good point about the seagulls. Not sure why they have not made it to Mallorca in numbers, I am just glad they go somewhere else!

Dave

Chemical Dave

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »
Nice to have you back CD and loving your reports, hope we get to hear about your Italian Med Cruise too. :)

Thanks Favie. Will get round to posting another report tonight. I have hardly had a minute since I got back!.

Dave

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 16:28:42 PM »
Great report Dave - look forward to the next episode and thank you.  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

favie

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 13:53:52 PM »

We have eaten in C'an Olesa a few times, tumbet really yummy!!  Il Giardiano also very good, after our meal we usually take a walk then finish off by having coffee in the restaurant that runs along the right-hand side of Il Giardiano but for the life of me I can't remember it's name, is it Club Pollencia. ??? BL, someone, can you put me right here as it
really annoys me I can't remember and never hear anyone mentioning Club Pollencia!

Right-hand side if you are sitting facing the square!  Can anyone enlighten me please? :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 14:13:30 PM by favie »

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
Pretty sure you do mean Club Pollenca. Thats the only one close by at right angles to Il Giordino.
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Kate1

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 13:05:45 PM »
It does sound like Club Pollenca - I noticed for the first time this year that they were doing a very good value MDD - can't remember the cost exactly but it was either 12 or 15E. The choices sounded delicious - has anyone ever eaten there? It's a lovely place for coffee and well worth having a look inside - a beautiful old building.

favie

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 22:33:23 PM »
Thanks Girls.....I was beginning to think I had it completely wrong as can't find any mention of it anywhere even googling it nothing comes up (only Club Pollentia Resort!!)
It is a beautiful building Kate with a lovely interior and if I remember rightly, a gorgeous "powder room".
Never eaten there as this is where we usually just have our coffee.....to finish the day in Pollenca.
When we have been there May/early June, tables have only been the small bistro type, really only for coffee/drinks and placed only along  the wall.....probably why we have eaten only in Il Giordino, Ca N'Olesa  and La Posada d'Ariant where tables are aplenty.
MDD sounds great.....even worth sitting inside for. :)

PS Thanks again.....just passing a list to friends. :)