Author Topic: Diario de Mallorca  (Read 2033 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Diario de Mallorca
« on: February 07, 2012, 17:16:32 PM »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

andrew711

Re: Diario de Mallorca
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 18:36:38 PM »
Diario is the best of the local papers, IMO. Best and most challenging journos, if you can understand them that is. El Mundo has a Balearics page, but it has only limited amounts of news. Ultima Hora isn't as good as the Diario. Never really deals in anything controversial, which may be explained by the fact that it is the only paper which is owned by a Mallorcan company.

El Pais has an English page, by the way. Mostly Spanish stuff rather than Balearics, but useful to get insights into some of the main things happening and it does have some more quirky items. Well worth dipping it now and then, and the stories stay up for quite a time, so you don't miss them if you only go on occasionally.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 20:26:07 PM »
Thanks Andrew. It is difficult to know which one is the best to follow.  Google translations give lots of added fun though!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Tia

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 23:35:58 PM »
My grandfather always said "Don't believe what you read in the newspapers, they are written by journalists who tell too many lies to be politicians and we all know how dishonest they are"  ;D ;).
Don't worry........Be happy !!!!

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 08:16:32 AM »
Ooh, Andrew, put your fingers in your ears.  La la la la la la la. 

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 23:58:41 PM »
And Mallorca is the star of the video - name the places!

Estrella video
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 00:01:52 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
Just watched this on Andrews Blog.  What a fantastic video.  Why don't the council of Mallorca use it for advertising this beautiful island.  If I was watching it in the UK, I'd want to book the next flight over here!  (It reminded me of the set of Mama Mia!).

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
Humph! I think you will find that I posted it before Andrew today! He does of course have my permission to use anything I post!   ;D   It really is a lovely video though isn't it.  :)

My Flickr Photos

andrew711

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »
Sorry, Bella, hadn't seen that you'd already posted the link. What a video though. Absolutely superb, captures so many facets of Mallorca, without having the corniness of something like the Nadal on a boat thing of a couple of years ago that the government paid for. Just shows that what can be done.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 09:20:54 AM »
Have just watched it again - and it almost had me in tears!!  Whats that all about then?!  Its lovely and I want to  be there with a crowd and have that much fun!!

Place spotting time?

One of the beaches looked like Es Trenc to me, with Dragonara in the back ground.
Was the band playing at CSV?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:04:50 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Estrella advert
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 09:47:57 AM »
Village is Banyalbufar:)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:05:06 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Estrella advert
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 09:56:39 AM »
      Lacrosse “You Can’t Say No Forever” (Estrella Damm 2012 Theme Song)Posted by josepvinaixa on May 29, 2012 in singles |

Since 2009, the advert of the Catalan beer Estrella Damm comes to our televisions to mark the beginning of each summer. After Formentera, Menorca and the Costa Brava, the location chosen by Estrella Damm for the filming of this year summer’s ad is Mallorca. The spot was filmed during the first week of May in Banyalbufar town which lies to the northeast of the island near the Sierra de la Tramontana.

It is assumed that the synopsis of the ad will be like that of his predecessors. A group of friends show the customs, festivals and traditions of the island, seasoned with a dose of romance. On this occasion, the Swedish indie band Lacrosse who will play the main theme. The song called “You Can’t Say No Forever” is the chosen one. Following the success of “Summercat” or “Applejack” this is almost certainly one of the themes of the summer in Spain. The track was included on the band’s 2007 debut studio album entitled “This New Year Will Be for You and Me“.

The release of the announcement is scheduled to release first week of June and is expected to sweep away in media such as Youtube as usual in the last three years.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:03:56 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 09:13:37 AM »
In todays edition:

Costas expedienta two bars of Llenaire by overcrowding

J. Frau The territorial demarcation in Balears Costas has opened disciplinary proceedings against two beach installed this summer at the beach Llenaire Moll considering that exceeded the volume of employment stipulated in the specifications. Although the sanctioning body is Costas, the municipal group Alternative per Pollença yesterday blamed the City Council to "promote" any penalties because at first the bidding process developed by the Session provided an occupancy of 150 square meters , "when the regulations clearly Costas says that such bars can only have a maximum occupancy of 20 square meters."

Apparently, at least in the case of one of the bars during the bidding process demarcation Costas refused permission. "Then, in full public exhibition plans were changed on the website of the tender, without the intervention of the legal services of the City and without being placed of that date were approved changes by the governing board," says Alternative . Thus, after this modification, the kiosk was going to have a maximum occupancy of 20 square meters and a new space appeared consistent side in a terrace of 75 square meters. "It's a complete deficiency constituted a reason to suspend the tender at the end because I really do not know what is licitaba" said political party said.

Subsequently, "Costas refused permission for the deck, but at the same time the City Council granted permission, it appears that oral, to assemble the stand," adds Alternative.

This party believes that the big losers will be the bidders because "is not the same bid for a booth of 150 square meters and one 20 meters." Therefore believes that urban planning has been incurred on "economic responsibility" if the records eventually result in fines.

Alternative recalls that in the full last June and made ​​a motion that called for the suspension of the bidding process, the text which was rejected by the vote against the government team PP-PI and refraining from other formations represented municipal .

Unquote.

Ok. Is this yet another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing? Very reminiscent  of what happened to the SWING sign in Llenaire made with black and white stones; they too had permission to lay it out - very tastefully imo - only to be told the next year that permission had not been granted!  Just ridiculous!!  >:(
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:37:11 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos