Author Topic: Abaco - Palma  (Read 2491 times)

Sun Properties

Abaco - Palma
« on: June 14, 2011, 11:38:04 AM »
For those of you who like late nights/early mornings in Palma the best cocktails ever can be had at Abaco. I reproduce just one of the reports on this place.......

Situated in the area of La Lonja , the Abaco Bar is a must to visit.
Over decorated and somewhat baroque on its forms, this an old manor house in the heart of Palma and next to many restaurants. When going in, make sure you look at every room and every over-the-top flower display. The place is expensive and a cocktail can be about 12 Euro. However, what is typical there is to have a fresh squeezed fruit of your choice (also notably expensive). Inside there is an old mallorcan patio which has been converted in to a lovely terrace where to seat and have the feeling of being to a wonderful garden with classical music and water flowing down as background ambient ad atmosphere. The point is that this place has been catalogued as a part of the history so now they must allow people to enter and have look, even if they just want to have a quick look to its marvellous decoration.
If going, keep in mind that the close early and that during the weekends and the summer season its gets quite busy and crowded, so it is easy to find a large queue. Photos are not allowed inside this place (and you will not find even in the internet) and it is clearly marked on the entrance, so do not try it.
Abaco is the perfect place for an aperitif just before you enter in one of La Lonja's restaurants.

Abaco
C/. Sant Joan, 1
La Lonja, Palma de Mallorca
Tel. +34 971 71 49 39

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: Abaco - Palma
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
Thanks SP

Sounds like the perfect place for Bonychat members i.e. The " A " team !!

BL  :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Chemical Dave

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 23:46:39 PM »
Thanks SP. I had read about Abaco some time ago, and when I was in Palma last September decided to go along. Imagine my disappointment when I eventually found it hidden among the back streets and found it closed. Looking at the opening times, it didn't open till 8 pm. Unfortunately I had to be away by 6pm. Never mind next time.

Dave

Sun Properties

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:12:45 AM »
I've only been twice (I think they also have a place in the centre but not as atmospheric) but both times were well after midnight and the place was really buzzing - I picked up some friends on a late flight out from the UK and took them there are the way back to the Port. They slept well that night  :)

Belladonna

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:07:06 AM »
Let's see if this link works;

http://www.bar-abaco.com/

:)

It looks amazing!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:09:28 AM by Belladonna »

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
Yes, it worked Bella and yes it sure does look amazing!! I have been told by friends this is a must to see but my problem is I can never drag myself away from PP! Maybe I need to do a few days in Palma before travelling up to PP to see all the delights of this wonderful city! :)

girlie in the corner

• NiƱa el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »
Oooh Bella! Posting links to bars and restaurants without fear of reprisals?  How daring of you  ;D

Belladonna

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
It does feel good to have the freedom not to double check if the link is allowed doesn't it? Our natural USP me thinks! :)