Author Topic: Cycle routes and other bike information  (Read 1914 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:22:39 AM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

mama mia

Re: Cycle routes
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 20:42:37 PM »
If anyone is looking for an adult bicycle we are selling one at a bargain price.
Its in perfect condition, only used once.  It is black, has a basket
and no gears.  Great for using in the port area/Alcudia/Pollensa. Only 90 Euros o.n.o.
Interested? Send me a pm.

mama mia

WANTED
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
Not sure where to put this advertisement but this section looked appropriate.

If anyone has an adult bicycle with gears for sale, please let me know.  It can be road or race, as long as its in good condition.
Its only mainly for an area within a 10-15 miles radius of PP.  Any reasonable prices considered and we can collect when there.
Look forward to hearing from you. :o

Flyer

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »
If you can be bothered to nip down to Palma or call in on your way from the airport Carrefour seem to have some reasonable priced new bikes. They have a deal on an 18 speed mountain bike at the moment for 89 euro .... take a look here ....

http://www.carrefouronline.carrefour.es/noalimentacion/TemplateProduct.aspx?itemMarcado=catalog530002&strands=true&itemId=149401194

We took the front wheels of our two bikes when we bought them from there and fitted them in the rear of the hatchback.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
Was that to avoid the road tax for a car then flyer?  An interesting look! ;)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:58:26 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Cycle help in Puerto Pollensa
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 09:21:34 AM »
Praise for, and a link to information for bikes in PP;

http://www.wheelsuckers.co.uk/group/mallorca/forum/topics/bike-hire-in-mallorca

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

Re: Cycle routes and other bike information
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 09:52:17 AM »
If you bring your own bike make sure you get a hard shell carrier as all the airlines are known to wreck bikes (actually their handlers in most cases) however the budget airlines charge a fortune. A good alternative is to just bring your own saddle/helmet (these should fit in your handbaggage if not bringing hold luggage) and get the bike hire shop to fit - possibly the evening prior to you collecting your bike. Don't hire from day one of your holiday ~ give yourself time to settle in plus if you do have a delay you may be paying for time you don't use. Likewise at the end of your break return the bike a day or so before you are due to leave. Bring a combination type lock as the bike shops either hire without a lock or in some cases just with a key ~ keys are easily lost cycling around and then the only way is to hacksaw the lock off. Order in plenty of time before you come out ~ Easter seems always to be booked up. Finally for real street cred do the Formentor lighthouse trip and get to Tolos that evening to boast about it  ;D
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 15:58:41 PM »
and of course don't forget the lycra!  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 20:36:31 PM »
Nice one eleanor!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 21:06:51 PM »
Yes you must remember the lycra ~ it makes cyclists look so much slimmer  :)

mama mia

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 18:32:00 PM »
 In case anyone is interested in easy cycling tours, you can book to go with a group from the Marina Tourist Information Centre.  The cycle trips usually go to Cala San Vicente and local areas on Thursdays., out of season in April/May and September/October. They supply the bikes and helmets and reflective tabard. All you have to do is provide the enthusiasm!   

Flyer

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 18:47:02 PM »
In case anyone is interested in easy cycling tours, you can book to go with a group from the Marina Tourist Information Centre.  The cycle trips usually go to Cala San Vicente and local areas on Thursdays., out of season in April/May and September/October. They supply the bikes and helmets and reflective tabard. All you have to do is provide the enthusiasm!

Many thanks MM - we are out in April and may well try  :)

mama mia

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 21:37:45 PM »
If anyone is interested, I have a bike for sale.  Its a very good German make, Enik, its a road bike
with gears and is in excellent condition.  There is a photo of it on FB Mallorca Buy and Sell website
or I can send a photo is you are interested.