Author Topic: Forgotten password  (Read 3980 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Forgotten password
« on: April 09, 2012, 15:14:17 PM »

Password reminder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're trying to login to the Forum but have forgetten or lost your password, you can retrieve it with the lost password tool by following the Forgot your password? link from the login screen.

You can enter either your username or your email address so long as you check the appropriate option, then click the Send button to send yourself an email containing a link to reset your password. It's also possible to avoid the email altogether if you've set yourself a secret question and answer in your profile, but please beware of questions that anyone could answer or guess (like 'what is the first color of the rainbow?', which would be a very bad choice)!

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: Forgotten password
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 17:17:36 PM »
Yeah

Quite right, Bella

I drew blood this morning ( hint, hint )

Was gonna draw a rainbow but only had a red pen !!!

BL  ;D ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

CathB

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:50:42 AM »
Hi Bella

I tried that link several times whan I had the access problem the other week...it didnt work and I had no response.  :'(

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:00:25 AM »
As we know, there is always a way round these things, thank goodness.  But I dont understand why it didnt work, and hopefully our techno crew (!) will look into it and let us know asap please.

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 18:09:27 PM »
Sorry,

Will stop titting around and get onto it .

Glad you're still with us Cath .

BL :)
BonysLad

CathB

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 18:45:37 PM »
Hi BL...yes back now but had to re register (with some slightly changed details) thanks to Bella's help   ;)

gommargal

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 18:35:18 PM »
Hi Bella

I tried that link several times whan I had the access problem the other week...it didnt work and I had no response.  :'(

I have also had this problem & the link didn't work, luckily I remembered my password. :)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 19:36:41 PM »
Gosh this is a worry! Thankfully you both continued. I wonder how many people have just given up!  :-\
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 13:06:19 PM »
I am SO frustrated with this!  I did notice you enquiring for it gommargal, and was pretty concerned for you. Thank goodness you remembered the password. I am not sure how I can help with this, other than everyone giving me their password when they register and me giving everyone my email address to contact me direct if they forget!! 

Would "high admin" please advise on this.   :-\

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 15:26:25 PM »
Hi there ,

Keep testing this and there appears to be nothing wrong from my end. Have just logged out and asked for forgotten password option three times and have received an e mail asking me to reset three times both on username and on the e mail address given under my members name.

Is the problem occurring under user name or e mail address ?

Is it worth just checking that your e mail address is valid in the members list ?

Sorry if you have done this but if you are still getting trouble will take up with SMF .

BL  :)
BonysLad

CathB

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 17:46:23 PM »
I had my original passowrd but could not log in at all.I thought perhaps I may have used the incorrect password after all so tried the link.no response after more than a dozen attempts.have now re registered but  had to use an "incorrect" email address to do this (I kept getting an error message stating that my correct email address was already in use  >:( )...I am now unable to update  my profile to my correct email address...but yes you have guessed it...I cannot do this because it is already in use with another member (me)..
If I have problems in the future it now means that I cannot get a reply because my email adress I  used is incorrect.

So frustrating
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 19:14:43 PM by CathB »

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 20:03:28 PM »
Admin will try and work this out between us.

My Flickr Photos

Tia

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 21:54:17 PM »
Hi Bella

I have also had this problem & the link didn't work, luckily I remembered my password. :)

I had the same problem Gommar Girl, i have made numerous requests but have not received a reply, thank goodness i am permanently logged in but i would like to change a few things and need my password to do this. I naturally assumed it was because i am a persona non grata in this chat room but obviously there is a major fault in the SMF system. :o.
Don't worry........Be happy !!!!

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 22:02:12 PM »
Tia - It is good to see you back and look forward to your input.

All members, their opinions and posts are valued and respected on this forum.  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 22:17:12 PM »

"persona non grata" :o  :o  :o

Hello Tia........we get to welcome you twice! :)

How are you doing?.....hope that weather is improving for you. :)