Author Topic: Forgotten password  (Read 4110 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Forgotten password
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 22:36:46 PM »
We are a bit like the local co-operative corner shop. We dont have all the glitz, glamour and income of a supermarket, but we do our best to help everyone out if we can, and hope that everyone helps out with keeping it going. BL has tested the problem, but cant find the glitch.   :-\  The only warning to newcomers is - PLEASE make sure you give your correct email address as this can throw the system out for helping out with this problem.
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Danny

• PPHR
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 13:13:42 PM »
Hi all, forum member formerly known as Danny Fingers here  ;D. Had so much trouble trying to log on that I gave up and re-registered!

Unlike CathB and a few others who had Password problems, the problem I had was it kept saying that my Username did not exist ??? Anyway, after pulling out what little hair I have left, I took the easy option and re-registered  ;D  ;D

Good to be back and looking forward to PP in May  :)
After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 14:19:10 PM »
Obviously a big problem here. Hopefully someone will sort it out. I did think it somewhat strange that so many had taken the trouble to sign up as members and then not post or for many even log on.

I hope admin are able to sort out what the problem might be and those who have drifted away will drift back again soon. ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

gommargal

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 14:25:08 PM »
Hi there ,

Keep testing this and there appears to be nothing wrong from my end. Have just logged out and asked for forgotten password option three times and have received an e mail asking me to reset three times both on username and on the e mail address given under my members name.

Is the problem occurring under user name or e mail address ?

Is it worth just checking that your e mail address is valid in the members list ?

Sorry if you have done this but if you are still getting trouble will take up with SMF .

BL  :)

I tried several times using both username & email address which is correct & valid on the members list. Just never got a response email re password.
If members are having to re-register won't this affect the member numbers as some members will be registered twice? Won't look good if there are loads of members with no posts.  :o

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 17:11:37 PM »
Its interest and quality not quantity that count!  ;) 

Yes, admin are aware of the problem, and we have a new techi wizzard onto it (no pressure there then!).

Afraid I just deal with "front of house" - and a little behind the scenes to be fair!   I have a feeling that if members have not posted for a while, the system may blank them. Dont ask me why, I just put forward the thoughts!

Thank you very much to those of you who have made the big effort to re register, and apologies to those of you reading who cant get in to post. We will work on the problem.

Bella - on behalf of the Bonygraph admin team (so dont shoot the messenger please!  ;))

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 17:35:33 PM »
Very pleased to be able to tell you all that our "man who can" has been on the job, and everything is fixed!!   I know, famous last words!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Cath

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 20:14:09 PM »
Well Bella between you and "the man who can" you did it.....back not with the same user name but at least with  the correct password... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 00:07:35 AM »
Hi Everybody!   Long time no speak - I know, but not all entirely my fault.  Like Danny & many other forum members I had trouble accessing the forum so after many frustrating attempts i decided to sit back and wait until the clever 'techies' sorted it out - which I was sure they would if i was patient.
Sure enough I am now once again 'active' ( in more ways than one) thank goodness!

Great to be back ;D
It's Nice to be Important - but it's More Important to be NICE!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »
Phew! Thank goodness for patience!  Thanks gina, so glad to have you back posting again!  :)

My Flickr Photos

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 08:17:13 AM »
I think Bloke in the Corner should change his avatar to Sergio the Meerkat!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
Now you  mention it, I can see the resemblance!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 16:08:35 PM »
Brilliant!  Told you he was a geek.